Monday, June 25, 2012

Finally, another clinic

Evening Family and Friends,

Dawn and I drove to Chicago for my clinic visit today. We saw Dr. Larson and had some pleasing results. This is the first time he actually thought my GvHD was milder in appearance! I am down to just 10mg of prednisone (the steroid that has been suppressing my immune system) and he gave me some leeway in cutting that back to maybe every other day as long as the itching doesn't get worse. That's good news! The higher the prednisone, the higher my glucose and vice versa. I have also discovered over the last few months that when my blood sugar is in control I itch a lot less (or less frequently) so there is definately a correlation there and Dr. Larson agreed. I received two more immunizations and we were out the door. We had planned to stop at the hospital and visit with Neal Smith so as we were making our next appointment we ran into George and Barb Verber. Always good to see them. George's AML came back after transplant so he's seeing more of the hospital than he'd like.  Got to visit with Neal before he got whisked off to a CAT scan. Neal had a transplant and had some reoccurence but after a T cell booster from his brother he's going through GvHD in his GI tract. I know they both would appreciate your prayers as much as we have. Thank you again for your caring.

Eternally His,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment