Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Months of Happenings

Evening All,

I wanted to share a few things with you that have happened here lately. Yesterday I received information on who my donor is; a gentleman from North Carolina. I gave him a call yesterday and left a message. Well, today he called me so I could personally thank him for his help. I probably sounded as giddy as a school kid. He's married with two children and is in his 21st year in the Air Force.Will be great to shake his hand one of these days. On a sadder note Dawn and I went to Neal Smith's viewing Monday as he went home to the Lord. We were privileged to know him. And lastly, I'm walking again this year for the LLS and I'll close with the following and as always thanks for your caring:

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm walking this year for this walk's honored little gal, Ally Burton, 8 years young who has AML and is in remission at this point. (I tried to get a picture of her in here but they've changed the blogger format and I'm not smart enough to figure it out and Dawn's in bed.) I'll be sending an email out also and I know that has her picture on it.

Allison is 8 years old and a student at Oak Farm Montessori School in Avilla, Indiana. She was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) on August 5th 2011. Alli just finished her last round of chemo and has been in remission since her first round of chemo!

Alli loves tennis, playing, and swimming. She just got a new puppy as her reward for finishing treatment.

Alli's favorite quote is "I don't need easy. I just need possible."

Please join me in helping LLS conquer blood cancers. You can make your donation online by simply clicking on this link: http://pages.lightthenight.org/in/NEInd12/SMcCreery. If you would prefer, you can also send me your tax-deductible contribution made out to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to the mailing address below. Any amount you can give will help! I thank you in advance for your support which will make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients battling blood cancers.

Your help is truly appreciated,

SteveMcCreery
2258 E Northport Rd
Rome City, IN 46784-9724

P.S. I wasn't asleep yet :)..Dawn



No comments:

Post a Comment