Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Incredibles

Evening All,

Thought I would share a group picture with you all.



 I don't know if you every saw that movie "The Incredibles", maybe with your kids or grandkids but Dawn and I got a chance to go to the 4th Annual Stem Cell Survivers Celebration on October 20th at the University of Chicago and I have to say we met the real life incredibles that day. All these folks have one thing in common; they have all had stem cell transplants for their various blood disorders and survived. We had a great time visiting with friends we made shortly after I was diagnosed; Al and Terri Kondraschow. Al is pictured right off my left shirt pocket. I am in the pink, I mean "salmon" colored shirt at top left center. We got to see some of the nurses that attended us and listened to survivors share their stories. We all owe a debt of gratitude for our donors also. We wouldn't be in the picture without them...thanks Tim. But I personally owe a continued thank you to all of you who helped us and prayed for us. The Lord has been and is still our strongtower. After the celebration we headed to my aunt and uncle's in Lemont for another wonderful time with them. Thanks MJ&B. Then Monday morning we had a clinic back at the university of which Dawn shared in the previous post so I will stop talking.

Pressing on,
Steve and Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment