Monday, November 26, 2012

Day +734 and counting...

Afternoon Family and Friends,

I remember back two years ago November 23 that it was Day 0 and the courrier came into that University of Chicago hospital room with a fresh bag of stem cells and the process of new life began. Each day after was published on the chalk board in my room with a plus in front of it; day +1, day +2 and so on. I loved the plus days, even though some were rough, they were all good, for God is good. I have thanked you all for the prayers and kindnesses you've shown to me and my family and I thank you always but I especially want to thank my wife Dawn for being my caregiver on this journey. I knew it was going to be a good day when I woke and saw her sleeping on a cot next to me. Those lonely hospital rooms weren't so lonely anymore. In a lot of ways it was rougher for her. I was there by neccesity, she was there for love.  Thank you Dawn. I could only hope to be as good a caregiver. I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving as we did with our family around us and with His grace may we have many, many more plus days.

His forever,
Steve





No comments:

Post a Comment